So many people I know don’t understand how a blog works. I know how they feel. Before I actually started a blog, I attempted to read, search and follow other blogs. I found that blogs DROVE ME CRAZY! I couldn’t easily search the site half the time or figure out how things were organized. It just made no sense. So here is a little info on blogs.
Blogs are like a diary. The blogger will write a post about X and publish it. Blog posts usually appear in order of date on the blog website page.
If they have subscribers, the subscribers will usually, automatically receive an email notifying them of the new blog posts, deals on any products and special offers and tips.
To subscribe to a blog, you have to enter your name and email into either a pop up box or a box on the side bar or footer of the website. Many bloggers and websites will offer free information if you sign up.
Now, you will also find on most side bars a categories box, a search box, top posts and pages, recent posts etc.
If you are looking for specific information, you can search it in the side bar search window.
If you want to read about a certain topic, use the drop down menu in the categories box.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)