I have been lovin these fat bombs as a quick snack on a ketogenic diet. They are higher in fat and very low carb. They also help out when the sweet tooth fairy comes along :).
Try this recipe out, its simple to make and tasty too 😀
Chocolate coconut mixture:
½ (120g) cup coconut oil or organic palm oil
½ cup (45g) cocoa powder
½ cup + 2 TBsp (55g) unsweetened shredded coconut
1-2 tsp truvia (optional)
Almond butter filling:
1/4 cup (65 g) crunchy almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
2 TBsp (56 g) coconut oil melted
- Place 24 mini cupcake liners into a mini muffin pan.
- Add all the chocolate mixture ingredients into a pan and heat until melted while stirring until incorporated.
- Then fill each mini cupcake liner with 1 tsp of the chocolate coconut mixture. Set the remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- Put the pan in the freezer to set for 2-5 min.
- Meanwhile, melt almond butter and coconut oil just until everything is incorporated.
- Take the pan out of the freezer. The chocolate coating should be stiff/ hard to the touch. Add 1 tsp of the almond butter filling to each cupcake liner.
- Put the pan back in the freezer for another 2-5 minutes.
- Once that layer is hard, put 1 more tsp of the chocolate coating on each fat bomb.
- Let the final layer set in the fridge or freezer.
- Store in the fridge or freezer in an air tight container and enjoy!
You can find this in MyFitnessPal.com under “Get Fit. Go Figure! Almond butter coconut fat bomb”
Follow Get Fit. Go Figure!’s board Recipes- Ketogenic Diet on Pinterest.
I love these. I can get a small treat without the insulin spike and they help me feel full.