If you are doing your first bikini, figure, fitness or physique competition, you have a lot to think about the week of your show. You will have waxing and tanning appointments, daily posing practice and your diet and workout plan may be a bit different. Not to mention, you will most likely be nervous! Take some worry out with this show day packing list so you don’t forget the things you will need!
Show Day Packing List
- Competition suit and other costumes (fitness)
- Many have suggested to me to have this on before I get to the venue. But, I have found this not necessary, especially if you know the order the classes will be judged in.
- Competition shoes
- Small sewing kit (needle, thread, scissors, safety pins)
- DIY tanning products if you did not use the event tanner- Pro Tan Base Coat and Top Coat is my fav.
- Spray adhesive glue + jumbo Popsicle sticks for application
- Resistance bands for pumping up.
- Dark clothing/flip flops (which you should be wearing there)
- Curling or flat irons
- Comb/ teaser brush etc
- Hair spray or other products. Dry shampoo is a good mid day refresher.
- Hand mirror.
- In some cases I have brought a full length mirror. If there is no access to a dressing room or locker room and you are camped out in hallways, a full length mirror is nice to have.
- Rags or hand towels for wiping hands free of oil or tan
- A stack of disposable Dixie cups with holes in them
- To pee through- yes weird but you don’t want to splash on your tan! It happens and you can touch it up. I have also used hand towels placed inside of each leg to prevent splashing on my tan. Also see What to Expect on Show Day and the Not so Glam for more options.
- Cell phone
- Music player or a book for down time
- Cooler + food + drinks + timeline of what to eat when +napkins +plates/tupperware
- Clothing to wear after the show (out to eat/ after party)
- I have in the past brought make up remover towelettes for my face where I will take off the super dark foundation and put on my normal foundation to feel sort of normal going out to eat after the show.
- Directions to venue
- If you are traveling and staying overnight at the hotel- Old sheets to sleep on and old towels to wipe hands. The competition tan gets on everything!
Other things to consider:
- Extension cord and surge protector- VERY HANDY! outlets are always scarce.
- Phone Charger
- Blanket to camp out on.
Most of the time, competitors are hanging out in hallways. Many will lay out a blanket, spread out their food, mirrors, make-up or just plain lay down and put their feet up. But above all, try to relax and HAVE FUN!!!